Monday, February 24, 2014

Vintage Fabric Collage

Fabric collage is an original technique that's a cross between collage and decoupage, created by bonding many fabrics together in layers. Almost every kind of fabric can be found in these collages.

Sometimes I start with a single piece of fabric that inspires me and then build a collage around it. More often, I start with a color scheme in mind and then choose various fabrics, or laces cutting them in a free-form manner and building the layers as I go, envisioning landscapes or underwater seascapes or even perhaps a dream-scape.  Each collage is one-of-a-kind. 
In this fabric and lace collage I used a enormous I Am Roses Gardenia and mini beige crochet flowers to give this piece a beautiful touch. 

 

 I hope that I have inspired you to make one of your own! Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments: